Tiki Hut 2013

March 12, 2013

in Andros South

Tiki Hut 2013

Welcome! Photo: Adam Kryder

Friends who have joined us at Andros South know that the spiritual and social center of the lodge is the Slack Tide, our tiki hut right on the beach in front of the lodge.

We felt like it was time to spruce things up a bit at the Slack Tide, and we just completed our renovations.

Improvements include

• Dedicated beachfront refrigerator, fully stocked of course – all trips to Andros South include a full open bar.  Bring stickers from your favorite fly fishing companies – the fridge is sticker-friendly!
  • New location and center access to the bar (we mentioned the full open bar, right?) – if you’re a fellow member of the short inseam club, you appreciate this as much as we do.
  • New integrated bench seating / windbreak.  We’re really excited about making it more comfortable out there when it’s blowing a bit!

Tiki Hut 2013-1-2Tiki Hut 2013

Kick off your flip flops, pour yourself a drink, and join us at the new, improved Slack Tide.  Relax, mon…

More on Andros South

{ 6 comments… read them below or add one }

Tom Cawthon March 12, 2013 at 6:40 am

Very nice. The stocked refrigerator is especially appreciated.

andrew March 12, 2013 at 6:45 am

Thanks Tom – we hope you can check it out in person soon!

CW March 12, 2013 at 9:20 am

A loaded fridge and a comfy bench, could mean a vacant room!

Patricia C. Ortiz March 12, 2013 at 11:15 pm

I can hear it, the beach is calling me…the ref is tempting too! Wooh! I cant wait for summer and head to the beach with bottle of booze with my gals! Very nice! Thanks!

MG March 19, 2013 at 6:55 am

The Slack Tide has gone ultra-lux. World leaders will now convene here. Or at least they should – the world would be a better place.

Pete V March 26, 2013 at 5:49 am

Jeb/Adam
Just missed the Slack Tide bench construction when I was down in February.
The new addition that cradles fishermen after a day on the flats needs to be honored (think Zamboni idolatry).
As to recognize the addition when I return next February I will be mixing a new adult beverage , sure to contain copious amounts of rum. A year of experimentation should allow for a supreme apothecary, it will be aptly named “Bench Juice”. Pete