We’re really proud of the food we serve at BC West.
Our small size (maximum of 5 to 8 anglers depending on the week) enables us to put a lot of care into the meals we serve. We have a fantastic team in the kitchen, and this is one place where our remote location is kind of a backwards benefit– it just doesn’t make sense to fly in cheap food via helicopter. We do it right.
Since our fishing day is typically built around a split fishing shift, we start with a light breakfast, head out on the water, and have our main meal at mid-day. After the afternoon fishing shift, our evening meal is a little lighter and has a different ethnic theme each day.
Here’s what you might eat on a typical day at BC West.
- West Coast Crabcake Benedict
- Sweet Potato Goat Cheese Ravioli with Lemon Butter Sage Sauce
- Lamb Shanks Braised with Tomatoes, Fennel and Coriander
- Polenta, Baby Carrots and Fresh Green Beans
- Strawberry Cheesecake Trifle
- Wine Pairing: Errazuriz Cabernet Sauvignon
Evening Meal – Thai Night
- Vegetable springrolls
- Chicken satay with spicy peanut sauce
- Pad thai
- Coconut shrimp with sweet chili lime sauce
Hungry yet? We thought so.
We’re a pretty serious fly fishing lodge, but we look forward to our meals!
- The 7 Best Things About Fishing Self-guided on the Upper Dean
- The Lower Dean River
- Our Facility on the Dean