As most of our readers know, we try to keep the sales pitches to a minimum on our blog. That being said, if you’re working on planning a fishing trip for the summer, we want to make sure you’re aware of some pretty unusual openings that we’ve got during our 2009 seasons at Alaska West and BC West.
Drop us a line if you’d like to join the fun!
Alaska West on the Kanektok River
July 24 – 31
- Early season fishing for silver salmon – the hottest, brightest silvers of the year. Poppers are in play!
- Excellent fishing for rainbow trout, including mousing and more traditional Alaskan techniques like fishing beads, flesh flies and streamers.
August 21 – 28
- Continued great fishing for silver salmon – fresh silvers continue to enter the Kanektok well into September.
- Trophy rainbow trout fishing. As the summer wears, the trout get fatter and fatter from their steady diet of salmon eggs and flesh. This is when the big boys get caught.
BC West on the Dean River
July 25 – August 1
August 1 – 8
August 8 – 15
- Late July and early August are the ‘prime time’ for steelhead on our stretch of the Dean. Dry flies are an option, especially in August. These weeks haven’t been available for years and this is an excellent opportunity to jump on the best of the best.