Yesterday marked the start of the second half of 2009. We’ve had a bunch of new readers checking out our blog lately, so we figured we’d take the opportunity to make sure no one has missed our 10 most popular posts to date during 2009.
Here they are, with the most popular at the top, and duplicates from roundup posts removed.
- King Rig Roundup We profile in quite a lot of detail how 6 veteran guides and spey instructors set up their two-handed rigs when fishing for king salmon on the Kanektok.
- Steelhead Rig Roundup The same idea for steelhead – 4 ‘celebrity anglers’ tell us how they rig their two-handers for steelhead on the Dean River.
- Taking the Perfect Hero Shot Cameron Miller, our staff photographer at Alaska West, tells us how to take good pictures of ‘man and fish’.
- Alaska Guidespeak Glossary We give a little primer to help you understand the very strange animal otherwise known as ‘Alaska Fishing Guide’.
- 10 Ways to Justify Your Fishing Trip Everybody needs a little help with this conversation every now and then.
- Bonefish Catch and Release Best Practices Our friends from Bonefish and Tarpon Trust give us some schooling on making sure that bonefish swims away healthy.
- Simms Movies at Alaska West and Andros South We present two really awesome movies that Simms Fishing Products shot at our lodges.
- What’s Your Favorite Trout Rod? We conduct a very informal pole poll (sorry).
- Making T-14 Tips Step by step instructions on making sinktips out of T-14.
- Rainbow Trout Fishing – Mend Less. We hammer one of the most important tips for Alaskan trout fishing.