We’ve got another entry today in our series of universal fly fishing tips – pointers that hold true no matter where in the world you’re chasing fish with a fly rod.
Any time, anywhere you’re going fishing, your should bring a raincoat. Alaska in June is pretty obvious…April in the Bahamas might be a little less obvious.
Here’s why you should always have a raincoat on hand.
- It might rain, even if it looks like it’s going to be nice.
- It might be windy, and raincoat = windbreaker.
- Even if the weather’s good, boat spray can happen.
- Today’s lightweight breathable jacket options are really easy to take along, even in a waist pack or vest.
- If you don’t bring a raincoat, it’s guaranteed to rain. 100%.