We’re thrilled to welcome Scott Baker-McGarva to our team at BC West this summer. Scott’s taking the reins as our head guide, and we’re mighty excited to have him.
Alfie King will be around in a part-time role this season, and Paul Reid and Chris and Belinda Miller will round out the familiar faces in camp!
It’s an understatement to say Scott’s qualified for the job. Among other things, Scott
- has been fly fishing since he was a kid.
- started guiding in 1985(!).
- has spent 11 years fishing the Dean, above and below the Canyon.
- is a former President of the Steelhead Society of B.C.
- is a former commercial fly tier.
- is a superb two-handed caster and instructor.
- is a great guy, a great ‘culture fit’ and a fun personality around camp.
So yeah, we’re really happy to have you, Scott. Welcome to the team!