In the run-up to any destination angling trip, lots of attention gets paid to which fishing gear to bring along. Rods, reels, lines, waders, raincoats, pliers…all that stuff is really important of course, but bringing along a few key non-fishing items can make your trip just a little more enjoyable.
Here’s our top 5.
- Disposable pre-moistened lens cloths. They’re the easiest way to keep your glasses and your camera lenses clean. We like these by Zeiss. Bonus: they cost 10 cents a piece. Make sure the wipes and the wrapper wind up in the trash!
- Lip balm. Everybody remembers sunscreen, but your lower lip can take quite a beating from the sun. Here’s one option from Neutrogena. A split bottom lip is not a badge of honor.
- Wet wipes. Equally useful for washing your hands before meals, and on those occasions when nature calls in the middle of your fishing day. Here’s a travel pack.
- Boat towel. Tidy up your boat, clean off your cork, get gunk off your fly line, and more. The Wonder Cloth Boat Towel is machine washable too.
- Waterproof First Aid Tape. It’s the perfect solution for covering up line cuts. We like the 1/2″ wide version – 1″ is a little too bulky.
What other handy items do you bring along on your trips? Leave us a comment and let us know.