Today we begin a short series of videos about lake fishing, featuring one of the deans of modern fly fishing in the Northwest – George Cook.
In addition to his day job repping Sage, Rio, Redington, Tibor and more, George hosts guests each year at Back to the Wall, a pair of private lakes in Eastern Washington formerly known as Isaac’s Ranch. That’s the setting for our lake fishing videos.
Our introductory topic? An introduction to lake fishing. George covers these topics and more:
- Rods commonly used for lake fishing.
- A bit about the new Rio Camolux line.
- Techniques for stripping leech patterns, including the importance of keeping the rod tip in the water.
- Rigging, leaders and tippet.
- How to strip strike, and why you should.
NOTE: If you’re viewing this in a newsletter or a reader, click here for the lake fishing introduction on YouTube.