It’s one of our most frequently asked questions. “I’d like to go bonefishing, and my non-angling wife/girlfriend/significant other wants to come along. Is there anything to do besides fishing?”
Yes, there is, and lots of non-anglers join us at Andros South each year and have a fantastic time. It’s really important, though, to understand from the start what it’s like on our island. We’ll try to make things as clear as possible!
We Do Not Have
- Cruise ships
- A shopping district
- A swimming pool
- A wide range of restaurants
- Many other people
We Do Have
- A comfortable lodge on the oceanfront
- A beautiful white sand beach that’s perfect for walks and runs
- A tiki hut right on the water (with an open bar, if you’re interested)
- A really friendly local staff
- Some fun, mellow activities – more on these below
For non-anglers who need non-stop entertainment, South Andros is not the best choice. For folks looking for a really relaxing few days in a beautiful, rural land of white sand and palm trees, it’s perfect. Think “Life in a Corona Commercial”!
Most of our non-anglers join us for stays less than a week. Here’s a quick sample itinerary for a non-angler on a 4 night / 3 day stay at Andros South.
3 Days at Andros South for the Non-Angler
- Day 1: Spend the morning walking or running on the 4 miles of white sand beach adjacent to the lodge. Spend the afternoon relaxing at the tiki hut with a good book. Listen to the waves. Spend the evening with your angling companion.
- Day 2: Head out on a snorkeling trip! Enjoy the 80-degree weather. Spend the evening with your angling companion.
- Day 3: Take a guided walk to an inland blue hole. Head back to the lodge and relax while you get your toes done by a local pedicurist. Spend the evening with your angling companion.
Sound boring? South Andros is not for you.
Sound like a warm, relaxing way to spend a few days with the angler in your life? Awesome – you should both join us!
Drop us a line if you’d like to learn more.