We’re nearing the end of the year, and you know what that means – we wouldn’t be a self-respecting blog without running a series on our best posts of the year. For 2012 we’re going to go with the top 7 in each category, because 7 seems like a good number and we’re a little bit crazy.
We’re kicking things off with everybody’s favorite topic – fly fishing gear!
Best Gear Posts of 2012
- Fly Fishing Gear Mega Page. Well how do you like that? Our giant categorized roundup of all of our posts about gear was super popular this year.
- Sage 8136-4 ONE Spey Rod Review. The ONE two-handers were highly anticipated, and this was the first of three reviews on the series that we wrote in 2012.
- Best Sandals Ever? It’s not all about graphite and grain weights. Spoiler alert: these sandals have a bottle opener built in.
- Sage ONE Review for Bonefishing. In which we take the ONE single-hander out on the flats and catch bonefish with it.
- Michael White’s Trout Switch Rig. All the detail around how Whitey rigs himself for Alaskan trout on little two-handers.
- What’s Your Favorite King Salmon Rod? Our readers weigh in with their top picks.
- Dean Steelhead Fly Roundup. All our posts about which bugs to fish for the royalty of steelhead.