Some of the most popular posts on our site come from our ‘Expert Rig‘ series – in which we ask a wide range of expert anglers to describe, in detail, how they set up their rigs to fish for various species around the world. There’s a wealth of knowledge in these posts – frankly, your humble editor learns a lot every time he writes one up.
We also love hearing from our readers. You are an incredibly experienced, knowledgeable, enthusiastic bunch and we truly appreciate all the input we get from you.
We have a brand new Hardy Bougle MkVI 4″ reel burning a hole in our collective pocket.
See where this is going?
Write Up Your Steelhead Rig, Win a Hardy Bougle
We want you to write up your favorite steelhead rig, in the same basic format that we use in our ‘Expert Rig’ series. We want to know the specific models of rod, line and reel that you use. We want to know every knot that you use from arbor to fly. We want to hear your commentary on why you like the rig and how you fish it.
At the end of the contest, we’re going to pick the most interesting, helpful, thorough rig write-up, and send its author a brand new Hardy Bougle MkVI 4″ reel. Cool?
Contest Rules and Tips
- Your entry has to be submitted as a comment on this blog post. Submissions via email, Facebook or any other medium don’t count. If you’re not on our web site right now, click here to submit your entry as a comment on this post.
- Since this is a big prize, we’re going to run the contest for a month. We’ll pick the winner on January 6th, 2013.
- You can submit any fly fishing rig that you like to use to fish for steelhead, anywhere. We post a lot about spey fishing, but your rig does not have to be a spey rig.
- Important: you have to be signed up for our weekly newsletter to qualify. If you’re not currently getting our newsletter, click here to subscribe. Then confirm your subscription via the email you receive and you’re good to go!
- If you’re not familiar with our Expert Rig series, here are a couple of examples that you can use – Ken Morrish’s Steelhead Rig and Scott Baker-McGarva’s Steelhead Rig. Don’t worry about the formatting, but make sure you include the rod, line and reel you fish, how you connect all the parts of the line system, and tips and commentary on how you fish it and why you like it.
- If you have multiple steelhead rigs that you love fishing you can submit multiple entries, but please only write up each rig once.
- The winning entry will be the one that we judge to be the most interesting, helpful and thorough.
- That’s it. Simple enough, right?
We really hope you’re as excited about this one as we are. Have fun with it!