Every month or so we like to run a list that ’rounds up’ our best/most popular/favorite posts on a particular topic. With ~1800 pages on our site we understand that it can be a little tough to find everything – hopefully these lists help!
Today’s topic? Alaskan rainbow trout!
10 Favorite Posts on Rainbow Trout in Alaska
- 5 Favorite Flies for Alaskan Rainbow Trout. Mice, sculpins, leeches, flesh!
- Mend Less. One important difference in our trout fishing techniques.
- Spey Fishing for Trout – Gear. On overview of two-handed trout gear.
- Secrets of the Flesh Fly. Big trout love eating salmon flesh…
- Michael White’s Trout Switch Rig. Baby spey rods are awesome.
- Where Big Trout Live. If you want to get a really big one, you’ll read this post about the Couch Water.
- J.E.B Hall’s Rodent Rig. We catch trout on giant dry flies that imitate mammals. Here’s how one of our senior guides goes mousing.
- Mousing for Trout – 5 Tips. Speaking of mousing…
- Cotton Candy. An old standby, for good reason.
- What Makes Alaskan Trout Special. How they’re different, scientifically, from their relatives in the Lower 48.