Swinging flies for king salmon is arguably the most unique fishing we do – and we’re lucky enough to do it on the top two rivers for king swingin’ on the planet – the Dean and the Kanektok. Our king season at Alaska West and our chinook season at BC West (same species, different name) start right now, so we figured we’d round up our best posts on the biggest, baddest salmon of all.
Top Posts on King Salmon
- King Rig Roundup. Handy links to detailed descriptions of how the best anglers in the world rig up to spey fish for kings.
- Swinging for Kings – 10 Tips. We walk you through the basics on how to do what we love to do.
- 5 Ways to Catch More King Salmon. More handy tips on honing your game.
- You’re Probably Not Up for It. We explain why you definitely don’t want to chase chinooks on the Dean.
- King Salmon Spey Rod Review Roundup. In 2012 we reviewed 4 spey rods designed for kings – here are our findings.
- 5 Flies for Kings on the Kanektok. What it says.
- Chinook Flies for the Dean. What it says.
- It Doesn’t Take Many. Dana Sturn talks quality over quantity.
- Talking Salmon to a Steelheader. Jason Koertge gets detailed on the intricacies of the program.
- Top 5 Encounters with Dean Chinooks. Learn about the ‘Lose Cruise’!
More Recent Roundups