You probably know the drill by now – every so often we give you a list of our top posts on a particular topic. Today it’s all about fly lines.
In compiling today’s list we’ve realized that our fly line reviews have been really focused on spey lines and bonefish lines – we’ll do our best to cover some more typical freshwater lines too!
Top 10 Posts on Fly Lines
- Airflo Skagit Compact – From the Source. Learn about the first ‘modern’ Skagit head from designer Tom Larimer.
- Spey Line Recommendations. Links to where you can go to figure out which line to try on your two-hander.
- Bruce Chard SA Grand Slam Line. All about our good buddy Bruce’s signature line for the flats.
- Cleaning Fly Lines. Step by step directions for a thorough washing.
- RIO Skagit iShort Heads. Review of one of RIO’s new spey heads for shorter rods.
- Creating a Whipped Loop on Your Line. Instructional – and our very first video post!
- RIO Skagit Max Review. RIO’s current go-to Skagit head.
- Intermediate Heads on the Dean River. Our head guide at BC West talks about why they work so well there.
- Airflo Skagit Switch Review. Airflo’s current super-popular head for shorter rods.
- RIO Bonefish Quickshooter. Another short-head option for the flats.