With the season well underway at Andros South, we have seen our share of great weather and plenty of bonefish. We have also had the opportunity to witness many of our guests catch their first bonefish!
We run a long season and for those looking to book their first bonefishing trip, choosing the best time of year to go can be rather intimidating. Perhaps the most often overlooked time of the year is the beginning of our season, from late October to January.
Check out some of the reasons to consider joining us during this time of year.
- Less Pressure. Fish during this time of year are far less reluctant to eat a fly. The majority of these fish have not yet seen a fly since the past season, if ever at all! What this means is happier, more aggressive fish, and lots of them!
- Solitude. During this time of year, we are one of the only gigs in town. What does this mean? It means for the most part we have the flats all to ourselves. It’s not uncommon to go several days without seeing another boat!
- Laid Back Atmosphere. Who are we kidding, it’s always laid back around here. However, often times, we are not operating at full capacity during this time of year. This allows for an extremely laid back and relaxing stay. Just like the Bahamas should be!
- Discounted Rates. We also offer discounted rates during this time of year as well as operate on a rolling schedule to allow our guests to stay for any amount of time they choose.
- Comfortable Weather. A common argument against early season bonefishing is that the weather can be unpredictable. Weather is ALWAYS a gamble when planning a fishing trip, no matter where you are. However, due to our location in the Bahamas we often find our weather systems to be far more settled than the surrounding islands. Slightly cooler than the rest of the season, this time of year is often the most comfortable weather to fish in as well.