For many anglers out there, fly fishing for bonefish is at the top of the bucket list, although getting started can be a bit overwhelming at times. After all, not all of us are fortunate enough to have a bonefish flat in our backyard! However, like anything worth doing, quality instruction and practice makes all the difference, and we’re here to help break the learning curve!
We hear it all the time, ‘I’d love to go bonefishing someday, but I think I need to get better before I try that,” or “I’ve fished for bonefish a little before, but I didn’t really know what I was doing.” Well, wouldn’t it be nice if you could learn the ins and outs of flats fishing from a seasoned veteran in one of the most productive bonefishing destinations in the world?
If you’re the type who wants to learn the basics of bonefishing, wants to take your existing skill to the next level, or just wants to have an all out awesome time, then you’re exactly the type of person who would benefit from our Bonefishing School at Andros South.
What’s Covered in the School?
Bonefish 101. Even if you’ve never fished saltwater, don’t be intimidated! You’ll learn everything you need to know to become a successful bonefish angler. Topics include, but are not limited to:
- Saltwater Knots
- Basics of Saltwater Lines and Leaders
- Casting in the Wind
- Making Good Presentations
- Mastering the Strip Set
- Spotting Bonefish
- Fly Tying
- Fly Selection
- Working With Your Guide
- Fishing on Your Own
- Much, much more!
Gear Giveaways! Many of the biggest names in the industry have teemed up to provide the latest gear for those who attend, as well as some great raffle prizes, including the following!
- The latest in flats wear from the fine folks at Simms Fishing Products
- Saltwater Fly Lines from our friends at Airflo
- One Nautilus CCFX2 Reel to be raffled off!
- One Thomas and Thomas Solar 8 wt. Fly Rod to be raffled off!
When is School in Session?
Louis will be teaching three schools this season at Andros South. Dates are as follows.
- 11/9 – 11/15 6 nights/5 days
- 11/15 – 11/19 4 nights/3 days
- 3/14 – 3/21 7 nights/6 days
Interested in learning the ins and outs of bonefishing on the beautiful flats of South Andros Island? Drop us a line and check one more off your bucket list! Hope to see you there!
More on Bonefishing
- Bonefish 101 – Free Download
- Ask the Experts – Biggest Surprise on the Flats
- Bonefish Wisdom – Our Massive Archive of Everything Bonefishing Related