It’s no secret that the Gotcha is one of the greatest bonefish flies of all time. We’d go out on a whim and say it has probably caught more bonefish than any other fly pattern in the world, and we use a lot of them.
However, our bonefish on South Andros really seem to have a fetish for rubber legs. So, naturally one of our go-to bonefish flies combines the two! We call it the Rubber Legged Gotcha for obvious reasons, and its a great fly to have in your box on your next trip to South Andros.
Here’s the step by step to help get you get stocked up.
Tying the Rubber Legged Gotcha
- Hook: Tiemco 811S – sz. 2-6
- Thread: 6/0 Uni Thread – Fire Orange
- Tail: Pearl Mylar Chord – sz. Small
- Body: Pearl Sparkle Braid
- Wing: Tan Craft Fur
- Legs: Clear/Fire Orange Tipped Sili Legs
- Eyes: Medium Silver Bead Chain Eyes