This season we were joined by our good friend and long time Deneki guest, Frank Carlton, at Andros South. He introduced us to one of his favorite bonefish flies, a pattern he referred to as the ‘Orange Crush.’
Knowing how long he’s fished in the Bahamas, we spun a few up and wouldn’t you know, they work! A glorified ‘clouser style’ pattern, the Orange Crush features just about everything we like in our bonefish flies – a large profile, bead chain eyes, and plenty of orange. If you’re thinking about fishing on South Andros, you’re going to want a few of these in your box.. Here’s how to tie them.
Orange Crush Clouser – Tying Instructions
- Hook: TMC 811s, Sizes 2-6.
- Thread: UTC 140 Denier, White AND Fire Orange.
- Eyes: Medium Silver Beadchain Eyes.
- Tail/Body: White Bucktail.
- Flash: Pearl Krystal Flash.
- Under Wing: Tan Bucktail.
- Over Wing: Fluorescent Orange Arctic Fox.