If you haven’t already noticed, the folks of Loop Tackle have been putting out some pretty killer content of late as part of their Loop Akademi series. Today, we share with you a great video from their archive on how to tie a great looking intruder pattern by Deneki blog regular and Loop Akademi Fly Dresser, Stuart Foxall.
Not only does the video highlight the step by step of a truly fishy pattern, it also demonstrates a whole bunch of great techniques that can be used when tying intruders of any variation, including:
- How to gauge the proper length of your stinger loop.
- Securing lead eyes to the shank.
- Tying quicker intruders without time consuming dubbing loops.
- The finer points of tying with tricky materials like rhea or lady amherst fibers.
- Creating larger ‘water pushing’ profiles will less materials.
See for your yourself, below!
Note: If you’re viewing this in a newsletter or reader, click here to view the video on our website.