Rapids Camp Lodge is a full-service fishing outfitter and lodge. We provide most everything you need to make your Alaska fishing adventure the most fun and enjoyable it can be while also providing all of the comforts of home.
- Flight from the Anchorage Airport to the King Salmon Airport is included. Our driver will meet you at Anchorage Airport and take you to our plane for departure to King Salmon Airport. Upon arrival at King Salmon Airport, we transport you to Rapids Camp Lodge.
- Deluxe accommodations
- All meals, beverages, beer, wine, and snacks
- Top-notch fishing guides
- Boats and fishing equipment, including rods and reels
- Selected flies and lures
- Waders, wading boots and/or hip boots (you can bring your own equipment if you prefer, and please write your name on or mark anything you bring with you. Spiked wading boots are neither permitted nor needed.)
- Satellite TV (not in all rooms), wireless internet
- Library area
- Fly outs (weather-permitting)
- Cleaning, boxing, and freezing of your fish for shipment home (Due to conservation efforts, we will only box up a MAXIMUM OF 50 LBS. OF FISH PER PERSON to take home, regardless of limits or catch)
What’s Not Included
- Fishing Licenses, available at the lodge or online at the sports fish division
- Liquor, may be purchased at the Lodge (beer and wine are included)
- Tips for Staff (as with most service-oriented businesses, 10 to 20% is usually customary depending on your experience). Of course, tipping is optional but greatly appreciated. Our entire staff from the pilots to housekeeping work as a team to ensure your trip is an enjoyable one. Cash is the easiest and preferred way of tipping.
Essentials You Need to Bring
- Polarized sunglasses
- Rain jacket/ wading jacket
- Headgear, i.e. hat with a brim, toboggan for cooler weather
- Insect repellent
- Swimsuit for the hot tub, or the river if you like! (towels provided)
- Clothing for the workout room
- Cameras (bring extra film or cards, batteries, chargers)
- Video cameras (bring extra discs, tapes, batteries, chargers, there are plugs in the rooms for chargers)
- Clothing: warm jacket, warm underclothes for use under waders (thermals, thick socks, gloves etc., items to layer works best), and relaxing clothing for après-fishing and story-telling in the lodge, hiking boots or sneakers if you like
- Binoculars for eco-trips and sight-seeing
- Basic toiletries
Should you need or wish to purchase some of the essentials, toiletries, etc., we can purchase many items for you when we go to town. Some items may also be purchased in our gift shop. Liquor may be purchased at the Lodge and we stock a full variety. If you have special liquor requests, please let us know at least 2 weeks prior to your arrival, and we will ship it in for your availability.