We try to provide you with lots of interesting content about fly fishing here on the Deneki blog. That being said, we run fishing lodges for a living so every once in a while we hit you with a blatant sales pitch. Today is one of those days.
Thanks for reading our blog!
In no particular order…
12 Reasons to Fish at Andros South
- Lots of wading. We fish in a lot of shallow water. Overall about half of our fishing is done on foot, and you can do more than that if you like.
- Shots at very big bonefish. Spend some time on South Andros and you’ll definitely have shots at bonefish well into the double digits, pound-wise.
- Conch salad. Fresh conch is readily available on our island, and our ceviche-style conch salad is really, really tasty.
- Reschedule for any reason. With 7 days’ notice you can reschedule your trip for any reason with no penalty from us.
- Easy access to the West Side. We fish the West Side a lot, because our access is through a shallow inland tidal creek. No pounding boat rides West!
- Everything’s included. Transfers on the island, full open bar, loaner gear, fishing, food and lodging of course. Your only extra costs are travel and tips.
- You get your own room. Single occupancy lodging is our standard. No snoring, stinky roommates.
- Our tiki hut. Known as ‘The Slack Tide’, our beachfront tiki bar is the best place ever to end your fishing day.
- Great for beginners. We have huge numbers of fish, and that means many, many opportunities. Don’t worry about blowing shots – you’ll have a bunch more.
- Trips of any length, starting on any day. There’s no fixed schedule at our lodge, and there are two or three flights per day to our island. Come and go whenever you like.
- Sight fishing for barracuda. We don’t just troll for them in the channels – we see them on the flats all the time, and they love chasing streamers and poppers too.
- Mellow vibe. It’s hard to put a finger on this one, but your blood pressure will drop as soon as you set foot on the island.
We’d love to have you join us at Andros South. Drop us a line to learn more.