- The Great Snakehead Hunt. Quite a yarn via guest post on Compleat Thought.
- Flies for One Fly Tournaments. Kirk Deeter gets some input on Field and Stream’s Flytalk Blog.
- Blown Out in Choteau. Greg Thomas improvises and catches pike.
We had such a good time with it last year that we had to do it again.
It’s Deneki FIBFest! It’s an in-person gathering of folks who write online about fly fishing. FIB stands for Fishing Industry Bloggers, and FIBFest is the most cleverest name we could come up with.
Here’s the current lineup for Andros South FIBFest 2011 – in alphabetical order of course.
- Rebecca Garlock writes The Outdooress, and created an incredibly successful platform for outdoor bloggers called the Outdoor Blogger Network.
- Michael Gracie is an alumnus of FIBFest, and cranks out some of the most intelligent writing about fly fishing online at michaelgracie.com.
- Kyle Perkins writes Compleat Thought, a blog on conversation, education and new media in fly fishing. He’s also done a bunch of marketing consulting work for a variety of fly fishing causes.
- Eric Rathbun is one of the masterminds behind Moldy Chum, a fly fishing blog that’s busier than Times Square.
- Bjorn Stromsness – if there’s one guy who’s the right guy for FIBFest at Andros South, it’s Bjorn. He writes Bonefish on the Brain, a blog about nothing but bonefish.
We’re going to do our darndest to give you a bunch of different viewpoints on what a week on South Andros is all about. If you want to follow along with us during the week, you’ll have plenty of chances. Don’t worry, we’ll give you a reminder or two when the event is about to start…