When September comes around, Halloween candy goes on sale at the grocery store and everyone starts to talk about fall…But we still have some precious summertime left and think that you should make the most of it! Here are some ways how.
- Wet wade one last time. Keep your waders hung up a little bit longer. If you are in an area where you can get away with fishing in some sandals, do yourself a favor and make it happen.
- Catch a fish on a mouse. If you are in Alaska with us this is easy but fish will eat a mouse all over. Before the first frost happens, go ahead and see if you can join the Mickey Mouse club.
- Fish a small stream with a 3 wt. Strike indicators and split shot should be left at home for this mission. They will obviously still work but when working some pocket water or a meandering meadow stream, a single dry fly is a very refreshing way to target some fish.
- Trout spey with some soft hackles. Trout love caddis and we love swinging flies. Caddis will continue to hatch into fall but see if you can get some aggressive fish on the swing before the leaves start to change.
- Speak up for Bristol Bay. This is important in all seasons. We only have one Bristol Bay and it needs our protection.
We hope that you can enjoy the last few days of summer! As always, do not hesitate to reach out to us with any questions or topics you would like us to cover more.
More on Summertime: