This time of year a lot of us have tarpon on the brain, and our friends over at Gink and Gasoline apparently do too. They just posted a really thorough review of a great tarpon reel, the Nautilus Monster. Yes, they really like it, but there’s a ton of detail for you gearheads out there.
For today’s installment of our roughly-monthly ‘3 articles you might like’ series, we’re drawing entirely from our buddies Louis and Kent at Gink and Gasoline. They’ve been cranking out a bunch of quality content lately, and they’re our buddies…so there you have it!
Three Good Articles from Gink and Gasoline
- Dell Neighbours on Czech Nymphing. Rigging, flies, Q&A and more – very meaty stuff.
- What the Little Fish are Saying. Borderline spiritual writing about memories and stories.
- 6 Tips for Catching Spooky Bonefish. Pretty much what it says.
More Recent Posts
As many of you have probably heard, the hot news in the fly fishing industry is that Orvis recently purchased Ross and Scientific Anglers from 3M.
Our buddy Louis from Gink and Gasoline put together a very intelligent write up on the subject – since industry gossip and commentary seem to be right up everybody’s alley, we’re dedicating today’s post to suggestion you have a read.
More Good Articles from Others
We’re good friends with the good folks over at Gink and Gasoline. They’ve been cranking out quality fishing tips like crazy lately, and we thought we’d pass on a few.
- Better Downstream Presentations and Drifts. Trout fishing tip with video to boot.
- Anchor Placement When Space is Tight. Spey casting when it’s not easy.
- Tying the Sid Fishious. It’s a steelhead fly. Jeff Hickman shows you how.
- 11 Tips for Presenting Your Fly to Tarpon. Just like it sounds.
- The Moth Larva Hatch. Learn about a hatch you probably know nothing about.
More from Our Friends Online
We thought there were some great nuggets in there, so today we present all three in one fell swoop. Have a look!
NOTE: If you’re viewing this in a newsletter or a reader, click here to see Joel and his tips on our web site.
Clearing Cast and Ready Position
Better Double Haul
Building Line Speed
More Video Flats Tips
…and we’re back today with three online articles about fly fishing that we think you might like!
- The Comeback Fly. Josh Mills tells how coming back with a sparse steelhead fly can work.
- Tips for Better Tarpon Hookups. The boys at Gink and Gasoline help you bury it.
- Georgia Man Catches Trout on Car Key. Yep, it’s a double today for G&G. Funny and instructive!
More on Fly Fishing Online
Some friends of ours have a new web site, and we think you should check it out. It’s called Gink and Gasoline.
If you’ve been on our blog at all, you’ve seen Louis Cahill’s name a whole bunch of times. He’s a ridiculously great photographer who also happens to be a great angler (and he’s been to Alaska West and Andros South a bunch).
Louis teamed up with Kent Klewein – premier Georgia fishing guide, 9.6 on a 10 point nicest-guys-you’ll-ever-meet scale – to produce Gink and Gasoline, which combines Louis’s phenomenal photos with a bunch of meaty fly fishing content.
Pour yourself a cup of coffee, hit their blog link, and enjoy.